Trace Systems Bootloaders
You've gotten your product working, and you're about ready to start shipping. About time, too: your company really needs the revenue, to avoid another round of layoffs. You know you should be happy, but instead, you realize that you're nervous. Nervous about the risk of a new product. Nervous about the personal risk to YOU.
But how can that be? You've been all over that design. You've checked it all yourself, again and again. You've gone over everything.
"What if something goes wrong?" you think. "If customers find a problem, they'll want to ship the product back to us for a refund or a repair. The shipping costs alone could cost us a fortune. And it'll be on my head..."
Wouldn't It Be Great If You Could Just EMAIL THEIR UPGRADE TO THEM???
Now you can email an upgrade to your customer. Because now there's USB Bootloader Pro, and our powerful new Simple Upgrade Management SYSTEM (or SUMS for short)..
Both USB Bootloader Pro and SUMS give you:
- A professional, ready-made PC program with matching bootloader firmware
- Simple to make it look like you wrote it, with NO PC PROGRAMMING AT ALL
- End User Mode: Easy to use by your non-technical customers
- Developer Mode: Full featured programmer capabilities for your own use
- Uses USB HID class: no device drivers for your customers to install
- NO .NET FRAMEWORK FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS TO INSTALL
- Just send your customers a self-extracting zip file and simple instructions
- Pays for itself in one user upgrade!
- Encrypted System protects your Intellectual Property
- Protects against programming your firmware upgrade into the wrong device or an unauthorized device
- Company ID (provided by Trace), Model ID (that you make up), and unique Serial Number are programmed into device
- These same IDs are embedded in the encrypted Protected Firmware File - can LOCK your firmware upgrade to customer's Serial Number
- AUTOMATED DELIVERY SYSTEM - encrypts your firmware, collects files together into a WinZip(r) archive, & emails it to your customer for you!
- Efficient Manufacturing Process - easily build up a Manufacturing Image hex file with your code, bootloader, Company ID , & Model ID to program into all chips. Then use SUMS to burn in unique Serial Number as a last step
- Your firmware can read the IDs that are stored and enforced by the bootloader - all kinds of uses
- Expandable Bootloader System - just add more SUMS bootloaders to handle different PIC processors and connectivity types
- Secure delivery system lets you SELL advanced features. Opens up whole new revenue streams!
Next: SUMS Overview >>