TCPmaker Embedded Software Can Also Send Text Data From Browser
TCPmaker embedded web server software also provides several ways to enter data as text, and send it to your device.
The versatile Is (Input String) control has 5 different modes, as shown in the image below:
- Generic string - accepts any characters
- Number - accepts only 0..9 and decimal point character
- Password - accepts any character, but typed values only display as dots
- IP - useful for entering IP addresses like 192.168.1.1
- MAC - useful for entering MAC addresses and hexadecimal numbers
The Is control has extra capabilities that are useful for making [link] submit groups.
The It (Input text) control acts like a little terminal screen. The upper part is a scrolling text terminal window, and the bottom line is an input box. If you type a string in the input box and hit <Enter>, the string is sent to your PIC device and also added to the contents of the scrolling window, as a record.
The It can also show text sent from the device, which is displayed in the scrolling terminal window part.
Read more about: Using different multi-color button types >>
Read more about: Displaying numeric values with gauges and indicators >>
Read more about: Displaying images and animations >>
Next: Page Layout >>