What Is Simple Upgrade Management SYSTEM (SUMS)?
SUMS is a mechanized bootloader system that can manage field upgrades in your PIC products, even though your products may use different PIC processors and connectivity types (such as USB and Ethernet).
The SUMS system gives you the ability to safely, simply, and securely deliver your upgrade code in a way that is palatable to your non-technical customers. It is a SYSTEM that automatically delivers your firmware upgrade by email, and makes it DEAD SIMPLE for your non-technical end user to perform the upgrade at his own location. SUMS protects your firmware from theft or from being programmed into the wrong hardware model, and can lock the delivered firmware to the serial number in one specific customer's device.
SUMS is a low cost ($369.95) seamlessly integrated SYSTEM that can help you easily manage upgrades across your entire product line, even for products that use different processors and have different types of connectivity (USB and Ethernet currently supported).
- No programming needed - ready to use
- No need to recompile your own Main App code to work with our bootloader - use it as is!
- Simple, automated mode for your non-technical End Users
- Powerful Developer Mode for you & your technical and factory users
- BRAND it yourself - customize company name and logo image with NO PC Programming At All.
- Sends your firmware in an encrypted file that protects your intellectual property
- Protects against programming your firmware into the wrong device, or an unauthorized device
- Automatically collects files together, zips them up into a WinZip archive, customizes a cover letter, and emails it all to your customer! All in about 20 seconds.
- The system grows with your product line - when you develop a product with a different processor, just buy a new bootloader from us for that processor and connectivity type. Your new bootloader installs right into the SUMS system, ready to work for just those of your products that need it.
- Serial Number (known to both Bootloader Firmware and your Main App Firmware) allows you to charge your customers for new versions or new firmware "personalities" that work in your product. Opens up whole new revenue streams for your company!
Our new SUMS system is built upon our USB Bootloader Pro bootloader technology, but adds important extra capabilities:
1. SECURITY: Protects your intellectual property by a Company_ID, Model_ID, and optional Serial Number
2. DELIVERY SYSTEM: Upgrade Manager actually collects everything together, encrypts it, and delivers it to your customer by email.
Next: Manage Your Upgrades >>