At this point, we continue the process of selecting and moving the rest of the background elements to the Master Template.
Follow these steps:
- First, print an Item List Report to get a record of the Z-Order of the items we wish to move
- Select an element we want to move
- Right click on this selected element to bring up a popup menu
- Click menu item "Move selected item to page..." to bring up the move item dialog
- Explicitly drop down the list of destination pages from the drop down list, to actually move the item
- Close the "move item" dialog
- Verify that, if the checkbox "This Page Uses <template> Elements" is UN-checked, the item should disappear, indicating that it has been successfully moved.
- Repeat steps 2-7 to move other items to the Master Template
- Use menu item Edit | Edit Master <template> to view just the Master Template and all items you have moved to it.
- When all items have been moved to the Master Template, use the Z-Order button on the Commands group panel to put the items into the correct relative Z-Order in the Master Template.
- Use the Go to Page drop down list to select the index page again
- Re-check the checkboxes "This Page Uses <template> Color" and "This Page Uses <template> Elements" and verify that the layout looks correct when the Master Template is applied to this page
- Apply the Master Template to any other pages in your multi-page layout.